What are your current 12 favorite problems? What are the questions that inspire you and captivate you?
These are hard problems and they don’t have simple answers. They are the questions that will drive your learning. Since much of your writing will go through these filters.
The thing I absolutely love about this assignment is your list of questions always changes. I’ve done the exercise four times now between Write of Passage and Building a Second Brain and the list is always different — that’s because your life changes and priorities change, and that’s okay!
Feel free to do this exercise a few times a year and notice what changes. That will tell you a lot about your current priorities.
Here is my list on 7/1/2020:
- How do I utilize my personality to help coach and mentor people?
- How can I automate my finances so I don’t think about them anymore?
- What training do I need in order to be promoted to a people manager?
- How can I build systems to write a more interesting newsletter and blog?
- What’s the best way to learn Python to automate parts of my job?
- How can I be better prepared for the next 10 years of my career?
- Is finance really what I want to be doing for the rest of my life?
- What habits can I form today that will make me the writer I want to be a year from now?
- How can I use my time more effectively during COVID?
- Can I transition into a career that allows me to work from where I want?
- What should I learn to build systems and tools to help as many people as I can?
- Is not getting an MBA the right long-term career move?